Nothing Fancy tagged me with this meme, except it has a pass-it-on part that I passed on.
I just don’t know many other bloggers yet! But thanks for asking to get to know me a little better! It was sure fun reading about you. Such a rainy day seemed a great time to answer it.
(1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
1998 was a pretty wild year for me. DH was appointed project manager for a new design his company was manufacturing for Boeing. This meant several months in Seattle, then a year designing in Long Beach, then a transfer from Texas (where we lived at the time), to Georgia (where this part would be built). Georgia wouldn’t figure into 1998, but I had three kids at the time, ages 8 to 4, so DH arranged for us to spend 6 weeks of his Seattle stint up there with him. I was homeschooling, so we packed a Rubbermaid of schoolwork and sent to the hotel. It was like one long field trip. After that, we moved into an apartment in Seal Beach, CA, three kids sleeping in one room; one room for a playroom; and a bedroom for us. We were within walking distance of the beach. Q turned 9 there and M turned 6, and we continued to homeschool. By the end of the year I was able to announce their best Christmas gift, an impending little brother. Busy year.
(2) What are 5 (non-work) things on my to do list for today?
I’m not sure how to define my work, and thereby identify non-work. Hmmm.
- keep a food diary
- exercise 1 hour
- have a quiet time
- work on this blog
- retrain naughty dog
(3) What are my favorite snacks?
sugar snap peas, cookies, strawberries drizzled with hot fudge
(4) Five things I would do if I were a billionaire.
- Buy a dream house in the Texas Hill Country.
- Travel in an RV around the country and visit my internet friends.
- Put my youngest in a high quality private Christian school.
- Get DH one of those Lexus compact SUVs.
- Support a bunch of charities and missions that I get excited about.
5) Places I have lived.
(6) Jobs I have had.
- childcare worker
- ice cream scooper
- newsletter editor
- envelope addresser/stuffer
- ministry coordinator